Since its formation in 2011, Flashmob has adapted both in its personnel and style of music, as well as evolving into a multi-faceted brand boasting two record labels and an international radio show. However, although the project has expanded, the core principles remain the same – creativity, ambition and a tireless work ethic to push the boundaries of Dance music both in the booth and behind the decks.
Flashmob originally started out as a duo and their early releases on Get Physical and, most notably, Defected Records saw them quickly gain support from fellow DJs/producers and build up a loyal fanbase. Their most recognised hit, ‘Need In Me’ (Defected, 2012), captured the hearts of dancefloors around the world, and has now become a classic. As of 2015, the decision was made for Flashmob to move forward as a solo act, headed up by Alessandro Magani.
Flashmob owns and runs two records labels in the form of Flashmob Records and Flashmob LTD. The former imprint homes a more sonically modern style of House & House/Tech with LTD representing the underground side of the brand.
Flashmob also hosts his own regular international radio show that’s broadcast all over the world, including in countries such as; UK, Japan, Russia, Thailand, China, Vietnam, Canada, Australia, USA, Ibiza, Dubai and Argentina amongst others. Head to flashmobmusicgroup.org/radio for more information.
One aspect that has remained consistent throughout Alessandro’s career is his exceptional releases, and in recent times this statement is stronger than ever, seeing Flashmob’s sonic style expand into several avenues of Dance music, from Tech-House to light Techno rhythms, enabling him to simultaneously attain forthcoming offerings on two very different leading labels, Jamie Jones’ Hot Creations and Germany’s Kompakt – a unique achievement.
As well as his debut releases for Hot Creations and Kompakt, Flashmob is soon set to release his first offerings on esteemed labels such as; Riva Starr’s acclaimed Snatch! Records, DJ Hell’s Gigolo Records and Elrow Music. There is also several high-profile remixes for some of the industry’s most notorious names such as M.A.N.D.Y., DJ Hell and Romanthony in the pipeline.
Flashmob is too maintaining his commitments behind the decks. Following a massive 2017 that saw him perform at the likes of Pacha Ibiza (ES), Ministry of Sound (UK), District 8 (IE), Sisyphos and Kater Blau in Berlin (DE), Amsterdam Dance Event (NL), Dystopia and Floorfiller Festivals (BE), Boardmasters Festival (UK) and Amnesia Milan (IT), the talented Italian’s 2018 looks to be an equally eventful year, with several big festival appearances already confirmed. One of the industry’s hardest workers is showing no sign of slowing down.show more
- 14. July 2018Array @ Puur Festival, Vlietland in Voorschoten, Netherlands
- 15. July 2018Array @ Solid Grooves Vista, Ibiza, Spain
- 20. July 2018Array @ Tomorrowland , Brussels, Belgium
- 20. July 2018Array @ FloorFiller, Hasselt, Belgium
- 22. July 2018Array @ Tomorrowland , Brussels, Belgium
- 28. July 2018Array @ Leben Sound , Foggia, Italy
- 1. August 2018Array @ Que Pass , Grosseto, Italy
- 11. August 2018Array @ Electric Brixton, London, United Kingdom
- 18. August 2018Array @ KaterBlau , Berlin, Germany
- 22. August 2018Array @ Paradisco, Izmir, Turkey
- 21. September 2018Array @ Avalon, Darlington, United Kingdom
- 22. September 2018Array @ XXXperience Festival, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 5. October 2018Array @ At tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
- 20. October 2018Array @ ROK Club, Luzern, Switzerland